Grapes (Raisins) are toxic for dogs. Grapes can cause acute kidney failure in dogs because the kidneys act as filters for toxins in the dogs system. When the kidneys are not functioning correctly (Acute Renal Failure), toxins accumulate in the body and ultimately lead to death.
Some symptoms to keep a look out for:
- Decreased urine production
- Straining to urinate
- Loss of appetite
- Changes in the amount of water consumption and urination
Please note you should always consult with your veterinarian before deciding on any treatment for your dog. He or she will help you decide on what is the best solution for your pet